Honeywell is pleased to announce its Digital Pressure Sensors with CANopen®, Model DPS, an addition to Honeywell’s general purpose pressure sensors that are configured with a variety of features and options for use in a wide range of demanding applications. Model DPS pressure sensors are rugged, stainless steel, all-welded devices designed to work with a variety of media, and are built to provide consistent performance in harsh environments.
CANopen® protocol communication allows customers to:
- Connect to longer cable distances without sacrificing accuracy
- Reduce the amount of wires that need to be connected to the system, simplifying installation
- Mitigate data corruption
- Simplify tracking each networked pressure sensor by using unique serial numbers
- Configure the update rate between 10 Hz to 250 Hz, easing configurability
Designed for Configurability – Customers can configure the devices to meet their specific application needs due to a wide pressure range, multiple pressure engineering units that eliminate having to make mathematical conversions, and a choice of connectors that simplify use.
Rugged and Durable – All-welded, 300 series stainless steel and Hastelloy® design allows for use in a wide range of harsh environments, while a mechanical shock rating of 100 G/11 ms and IP65 rating allow for use in harsh environments.
Accurate – Customers can select the accuracy level required for their application. Additionally, Honeywell specifies Total Error Band ±2 % FS, the most comprehensive, clear and meaningful measurement that includes nonlinearity, repeatability, hysteresis and temperature error.
Availability and Support – Dedicated teams and manufacturing process provide a fast response to your design. Experienced application engineers understand the solution required to meet the most exacting application needs.
- Wide pressure range [from 10 psi to 10K psi or 1 bar to 700 bar or 70 kPa to 70000 kPa]
- Multiple pressure engineering units (psi, bar, kPa)
- Rugged, all-welded, 300 series stainless steel and Hastelloy® design
- Accuracy options include = 30 psi, ±0.25 %FS or >30 psi, ±0.1 %FS or ±0.25 %FS
- CANbus with CANopen® protocol output
- Total Error Band [±2 % FS] includes nonlinearity, repeatability and hysteresis as well as temperature error
- Designed for configurability due to a wide selection of pressure types, accuracy levels, pressure ranges, pressure connections and electrical terminations
- 5-pin M12 connector (for use in industrial applications) or 6-pin Bendix connector (for use in transportation applications
- Mechanical shock 100 G/11 ms
- IP65 rated
- CiA (CAN in Automation) certified
- Construction equipment
- Rail equipment testing
- Automotive test benches
- General industrial process control
- Factory automation/industrial equipment
- Medical equipment systems (i.e., X-ray collimator, MRI scanning, etc.)
- Aerospace (non-ITAR)